40th Music & Dance Festival
July 7th and 8th 2017
Once again it’s time to locate great food vendors for the annual Uncle Dave Macon Days Festival, features two stages, national grand-championship competitions in old time banjo, buck dance and clogging; Trail Blazer and Heritage award show sessions; crafts, demonstrations, food, storytelling, and impromptu jam sessions.
Please submit form at bottom of page after reading guidelines.
Organizers: The festival is organized by the non-profit Dave Macon Commission, The Dave Macon Day’s partnership with the City of Murfreesboro co-sponsors the event location.
Location: We are in the heart of Tennessee, about 15 miles south east of Nashville. The festival is held at the quaint village of Cannonsburgh (owned by the City of Murfreesboro); the village property encompasses an area of ten acres. A shallow tree shaded Town Creek partitions the main staging area from the log cabin and early American dwellings. Shade tree pickers and front porch sing-a-longs are favorite past-times.
Attendance: Over the two day event WSM Radio along with professional media coverage attracts an average attendance of 28- 30,000. A gate fee of $5-10 is charged each day. Kids 12 & under admitted free. Entry Gates open at 10 am Friday and Saturday.
Correspondence: When possible all vendor correspondence will be made by email. Please check you email for posts regarding your status or communication from the festival. Also check your junk/spam folders if you don’t hear from us.
Vendor Products: We are looking for quality foods in an aray of menus. We do not restrict our selection to only local food market but it helps to keep pricing down and better profits for you. Beverages (soft drinks, coffee, tea, root beer) are permitted however, no alcoholic beverages allowed. All products must be listed on your application and approved. No unauthorized items may be sold!
Presentation: Your booth/display must have: An attractive, professional, maintained appearance; courteous, friendly, music loving personnel, displays secured against wind/weather. We are looking for vendor’s booth set-ups to compliment the old time theme of the festival. Store fronts must provide a tented display. Vendors are required to display their company name along with a booth number supplied by UDMD. Signs are to be prominently displayed in the upper left corner of your booth. Promotional signs must be single story only.
General Booth Information: all items sold must be properly and plainly marked with the price of said item. You may not increase the established/posted price of any item during the event. Booths are laid out on pavement or, partial pavement/grass. • Vendors must provide their own booth shelter. Shelter must be sturdy and in good condition. • Booth spaces are limited to single story structures. Health Inspection ($25) paid to the local Health Department at time of inspections.
Booth Acceptance: is based on, but not limited to, the following: Receipt of payment. Previous history with us. Our desire to offer an assortment of menus.
Vending Fee Includes:
- Space: 15′ wide (front) x 10′ deep (sides). If you require more space than stated, no more than 30′ is available for any one vendor. Trailers must factor in tongue & access egress, when listing the length and width of your footprint. • Passes: 6 weekend/working passes & 1 parking pass
- Passes will be supplied during load in. We cannot be responsible for getting your passes to your staff. You must make these arrangements. No passes will be held at will-call, or by vendor relations staff. Additional wristbands are available for purchase. Additional vehicles may park free at the offsite parking garage. Scheduled shuttles are free of charge.
- Electric: 1-110v/ 20 amp outlet. All booths will be supplied with power *nearby. *Please bring an outdoor rated, 100ft extension cord & power strip/s, cords, etc. you are responsible for dividing it from there. Any additional power needs must be specifically set forth in the application.There is no unauthorized entry of the electric panel box of any kind or, by anyone not authorized by the City of Murfreesboro.
- Lighting: Vendors will need to furnish lighting and accessories. All electrical equipment requiring electricity: power strips, multi-outlet taps, extensions cords, etc., must be grounded and suitable for outdoor use. No flashing/ blinking/chasing lights of any kind. No xmas light strands will be permitted, with the exception of constant-on LED (ie. no blinking/flashing), located indiscreetly INSIDE booth. You’re encouraged to use clamp lights/etc., to light up your sign/booth exterior. Sirens, loud speakers, music, or roaming with foods are not allowed.
- Water: A source of water is provided to food vendors. You must bring your own hoses and splitters. Water spigot is approx. 150’ from food vendor area. NO waste water, grease/oil is to be left behind, poured in any drain, or receptacle not designed for oil recycling, or waste water. Waste water tank not furnished. Illegal dumping of waste water will result in closure and/or State fine.
Ice: Bagged ice will be available for purchase on site during festival hours. If you require ice prior to availability, please plan accordingly.
For an additional fee RV parking allowed this year in designated parking area. Website: Your company name, contact, information & Menus will be listed in the vendors section of the website. This must be submitted by April 1st with final menu & price list (sooner the quicker it will appear on the UDMD website).
Booth acceptance is based on the understanding that you will sell only those items listed in your application. You may not sell any additional items without our express written consent. Additionally, those items we specify you may not sell must be omitted from your product line. In this case, we will contact you before depositing your booth fee.
Liability: Vendors must carry their own insurance coverage, and present an insurance certificate listing City of Murfreesboro & Uncle Dave Macon Days as Additional Insured for one-million ($1,000,000.00) to the Vendor Director. UDMD reserves the right to cancel any contract upon receipt of notice from any fair, festival or other event that the exhibitor/concessionaire has been suspended, expelled from or otherwise penalized for violation of contract terms or rules of venue.
Trash: Vendors are responsible for leaving booth spaces & area CLEAN. All trash from your operation must be removed &/or placed in proper receptacles, when you load out. Failure to do so will jeopardize your return to future events. All waste must be placed in/next to proper receptacles, for collection. • Vendors are NEVER allowed to dump ANYTHING on the ground. Food vendors are responsible for collecting & disposing of any/all gray water & grease. Our facilities are environmentally sensitive, & do not contain proper dumping stations for such waste product. • All Food Vendors must comply with Rutherford County health codes.
Booth Space measures 15′ wide X 10′ deep. Your storefront open to the crowd is 15’ wide, for a single booth. • Hours of operation extend beyond dark. Vendors are responsible for furnishing and lighting their own booth. Displays must be contained within your space. Most spaces have Booths MUST be anchored to the ground by weights. In the event of high winds or inclement weather, booth owners are responsible & liable for the security & safety of their structures, as well as anything contained within. • All equipment, supplies and overstock must be stowed and hidden within the space provided. No unsightly materials or equipment should be visible to the crowd. This is your store front, so it should appear to be inviting & appealing
Load In: On Thursday 7/6/17, you must be loaded in and out of the area by 10:00 pm. NO EXCEPTIONS. Any additional preparations must be done Friday morning. If you need more time to unload, please contact vendor coordinator ASAP, requesting an earlier load-in time. You will not be allowed to enter the site until your scheduled load in time, unless otherwise permitted by coordinator. If we can accommodate we will, yet those scheduled first, take priority.
• No late set-ups/early breakdowns allowed, unless coordinated before the event! You must arrive, unload and set up in the allotted time. All spots are pre-determined before load-in. If your operation requires an earlier break-down, please list your request & reason in the special requirements section of the application, so you can be placed accordingly. Once loaded in, you will not be able to bring your vehicle back in, until load-out after each days show. Plan on bringing in everything you need, prior to gate openings. Bring a hand truck and/or cart if you need to load anything in and out daily.
Load Out-7-8,9-17 • All vendors must load out after the conclusion of Saturdays show or early Sunday morning.
• Vendors breakdown with the conclusion of the festival-Saturday night, *approx. 11 pm. *Past shows have run late, so please be prepared for this possibility. Allow 1-3 hours for load out.
• Do not try to bring in, remove your vehicle or wait by the gate. After the crowd sweep, vendor relations staff will coordinate load out with you, and we will notify vendors to bring in their vehicles. • For liability purposes, NO vendor vehicles are permitted in venue until all patrons have been evacuated. Please make sure ALL of your staff are aware of this guideline & abides by it, or risk personal damage, ejection &/or not being invited back. Please bear with us and be patient. This is not an easy or quick process. You can help by breaking down and packing up your booth, while you wait to be signaled to bring in your vehicle/s.
Taxes: • Vendors are responsible for collecting & paying their own local state sales tax, on all items sold at the festival. Current tax rate is 9.75% for Rutherford County. A copy of your tax permit must be displayed during operations, on site.
Security: • Security will be provided during the overnight hours on Thurs – Saturday. • Vendors are responsible for covering your merchandise and booth openings with tarps, and securing your booth.
Pets: • No pets of any kind allowed! This includes the festival grounds, all festival/staff parking areas. No exceptions. Do not leave your animals in your vehicle, or animal control will be summoned.
Road Construction: The intersection of Hwy 41, 96, & 231 are undergoing bridge construction. The area can be avoided by consulting Google Maps. The Cannonsburgh Village address is 312 S. Front St. Murfreesboro, TN.
FRIDAY HOURS, JULY 7, 10 AM – 10PM – SATURDAY, JULY 8, 10 AM – 10 PM
|Item||Before 4/15/17||After 4/15/17|
|Over 6 Passes||$5 each||$5 each|
Stock Truck: For electric supply for an additional stock truck : Add $25 (limited availability, please specify in special requirements box in form below)
Risk and Liability: I/we understand that the registered activities and services may have an element of hazard or inherent danger and take full responsibility for my actions and physical condition. The undersigned agrees to protect, defend, indemnify and hold the Dave Macon Festival, Commission, City of Murfreesboro, its officers, employees, and agents free and harmless from any and all loses, penalties, damages, settlements, costs, charges, professional fees, or other expenses or liabilities of every kind and character arising out of or relating to any and all claims liens, demands, obligations, actions, proceedings, or causes of action of every kind and character in connection with or arising directly or indirectly out of this agreement and/or respond to, provide defense for and defend any such clams, etc., at his/her sole expense and agrees to bear all other costs and expenses related thereto, even if it (claims, etc.) is groundless, false, or fraudulent. Participants involved in Uncle Dave Macon Day’s Festival may be photographed and such photographs may be used to publicize City or festival activities. By submitting form I certify that all information contained in this application to be true and accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Provide a photo of set-up. Must present facade of tented booth. Vendors with trailers must include tongue & access, when listing dimensions of operation. Include photo.
Questions: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: 615.692.2708 or, 615-663-2345
If you prefer you may download here
Uncle Dave Macon Days
PO Box 37133-5016
Payment Disclaimer: After your application has been reviewed. If you have been accepted, you will be sent a link to remit payment. You will be given seven business days to do so. After seven business days the application will no longer be valid.