Please submit form below after reviewing guidelines
40TH ANNUAL ARTS & CRAFTS
2017 Application & Fee
Festival Dates: Friday july 7, 1 PM-8/9 pm
CHECK IN begins Thursday evening or early Friday.
Saturday, july 8, 10 am—8/9 pm
‘Matilda Macon Folk Arts Village” $100 Tent/Booth Size: 12×12, Power included. (Cannonsburgh Village) Demonstration of work required for the Matilda Macon Folk Arts Village: corn shuck dolls, blacksmithing, tinsmith, soap making, carving, fibers, pottery, etc. In some cases it may not be possible; applicant should be prepared to fully explain their work and provide example of various stages of the process. No buy to resell items.
“Dave Macon Artisians Court” $100 Tent/Booth Size: 12×12, Power included. (Cannonsburgh Greenway) All works in this area must be made, assembled, or embellished by the exhibitor, no mass manufactured artwork, crafts, games, or work made from commercial molds, kits, or copyrighted designs not owned by the craft artist accepted. All prints and photographs must be fully executed by the exhibitor. Demonstrations are not required. No buy to resell items.
Providing your business card or contact information we will post to our festival vendor page. Submissions must be made by June 1 to be included. Submit logos below.
The Uncle Dave committee reserves the right to limit, duplicate, or refuse application from vendors who do not meet show criteria, or are classified in categories previously filled at the time of application receipt. Receipt of application does not guarantee acceptance. All unaccepted vendor payments will be returned
Craft sales for the 2016 Festival begins at 1 p.m. (CST) on Friday, 10 am Saturday. Check-in begins Thursday 2-8 pm, and 6-10:00 am Friday. Closing time each evening is at 9 or 10 pm. If crowd is heavy booths may close later if desired but all booths must close at end of the main stage performances.
Vendors must furnish their own tables, tent, chairs, etc. Electricity is provided. Use (20 amp) cords.
The producers of the festival will disclose booth placement at check-in. Requests for a specific booth space cannnot be guaranteed. A confirmation letter will be mailed to you after receipt of your application.
One parking pass is provided for each approved vendor. For an additional fee limited RV parking will be available, additional vehicles may park free at the offsite parking garage. Free shuttle rides available. Booth space rental fee is not refundable after June 15, 2017.
The festival does not carry insurance to cover personal property, storing and display of products are the vendors responsibility.
Merchants are not allowed to encroach nor solicit outside their assigned booth space, or otherwise cause harm, distress or interference of any neighboring booths, their sales or service.
No commission is charged on sales, UDMD is not responsible for tax collections, it is the vendors responsibility to contact the Tennessee Department of Revenue
Plastic/inflatable toys, food glow lights, drinks may not be sold from any boot.
Risk and Liability: The undersigned agrees to protect, defend, indemnify and hold the Dave Macon Festival Commission, City of Murfreesboro, its officers, employees, and agents free and harmless from any and all loses, penalties, damages, settlements, costs, charges, professional fees, or other expenses or liabilities of every kind and character arising out of or relating to any and all claims liens, demands, obligations, actions, proceedings, or causes of action of every kind and character in connection with or arising directly or indirectly out of this agreement and/or respond to, provide defense for and defend any such clams, etc., at his/her sole expense and agrees to bear all other costs and expenses related thereto, even if it (claims, etc.) is groundless, false, or fraudulent.
Vendor/Fesitval Information: The festival features two stages, national grand-championship competitions in old time banjo, buck dance and clogging, Trail Blazer and Heritage awards, food and impromptu jam sessions. The festival is owned and operated by the non-profit Dave Macon Commission and held at the Cannonsburgh Village Park owned by the City of Murfreesboro. The Dave Macon Days partnership with the City of Murfreesboro, professional promotion with local and regional print/electronic sources attract an average attendance of 25- 30,000. A gate fee of $5-10 is charged. No more than five passes will be given to any vendor.
Booth Selection: UDMD is a juried festival. Selected vendors are based on, but not limited to, the following criteria:
• Hand-made or hand designed product
• Unique, creative and quality merchandise.
• Previous history with us.
• Our desire to offer a diverse, quality assortment of merchandise.
• Vendor community &/or county residency.
We wish to offer a high quality, variety of food and crafts. While our emphasis is on quality hand-made &/or local items, though we are NOT a ‘hand-crafters only’ or ‘local only’ event.
Booth Placement: Booth placement is based on, but not limited to, the following: • Receipt of payment.
• Previous history with us.
• Our desire to offer a quality assortment of merchandise. If you are a returning vendor and have a preference of booth location please indicate in comments.
Ice: Bags of ice will be available for purchase, on site, during festival hours. If your operation requires ice before availability, please plan accordingly.
Taxes: Vendors are responsible for collecting & paying their own local state sales tax, on all items sold at the festival. Current tax rate is 9.75% for Rutherford County. A copy of your tax permit must be displayed during operations, on site. Where to apply for a ‘State of Tennessee Sales and Use Tax Permit’: State of Tennessee Comptrollers Office
Kids: Kids 12 & under admitted free, if accompanied by a ticket-holding adult.
General Booth Information:
• Booths 10’ wide x 10’ deep are laid out on grass or a grass/rock combination.
• Vendors must provide their own booth shelter. Shelter must be sturdy, weighed down and in good condition.
• Booth spaces are limited to single story structures.
Your store front open to the crowd is 12’ wide, for a single booth. Displays must be contained within your space. Most spaces have open front and one side, so please take this into consideration when planning your set-up. Side access needs should be noted in the special requirements area of the application.
• Booths MUST be anchored to the ground by weights or stakes (recommended). In the event of high winds or inclement weather, booth owners are responsible & liable for the security & safety of their structures, as well as anything contained within.
• All equipment, supplies and overstock must be stowed and hidden within the space provided. No unsightly materials or equipment should be visible to the crowd. This is your store front, so it should appear to be inviting & appealing to our patrons.
• Hours of operation extend beyond dark. Vendors are responsible for furnishing and lighting their own booth.
Your booth/display must have:
• An attractive, professional, maintained appearance.
• Quality merchandise.
• Courteous, friendly, music loving personnel.
• Displays secured against wind/weather.
• Vendors are required to provide a sign for the front of their booth, displaying company name. A booth number supplied by UDMD must also be prominently displayed in the upper left corner of your booth.
• Signs must be single story only. We are looking for vendor’s booth set-ups to compliment the old time theme.
Electrical/Lighting: All booths will be supplied with power *nearby. *Please bring an outdoor rated, 100ft extension cord & power strip/s, cords, etc. You will be allotted one outlet/plug (craft 1-110v), & are responsible for dividing it from there. Any additional power needs must be specifically set forth in the application.
• Vendors will need to furnish own lighting and accessories. All electrical equipment requiring electricity-power strips, multi-outlet taps, extensions cords, etc., must be grounded and suitable for outdoor use. • No generators or propane lamps allowed • No flashing/blinking/chasing lights of any kind. No xmas light strands will be permitted, with the exception of constant-on LED (ie. no blinking/flashing), located indiscreetly INSIDE booth. You’re encouraged to use clamp lights/etc., to light up your sign/booth exterior, yet no lights may be pointing into the crowd.
• No external video displays in main stage area. Miscellaneous: • Any music from your booth must be off when artists are performing on stage. Vendors selling instruments are responsible for making sure they maintain a respectable level, & do not interfere with the music on stage, or their neighbor’s ability to do business. Booth neighbors/customers should be able to hear the acts on stage, above anything being emitted from your booth.
Load out after the conclusion of Saturday’s show or early Sunday
• Vendors breakdown with the conclusion of the festival-Sat. night, *approx. midnight. *Past shows have run late, so please be prepared for this possibility. Allow 1-3 hours for load out on Saturday night.
• Do not try to bring in your vehicle or wait by the front gate. After the crowd sweep, vendor relations staff will coordinate load out with you, and we will notify vendors to bring in their vehicles. For liability purposes, NO vendor vehicles are permitted in venue until all patrons have been evacuated. Please make sure ALL of your staff is aware of this guideline & abides by it, or risk injury to others, ejection &/or not being invited back.
• Please bear with us and be patient. This is not an easy or quick process. You can help by breaking down and packing up your booth, while you wait to be signaled to bring in your vehicle/s.
Security: • Security will be provided during the overnight hours on Thurs. & Fri. • Vendors are responsible for covering your merchandise and booth openings with tarps, and securing your booth.
Trash: • Vendors are responsible for leaving booth spaces & area CLEAN. All trash from your operation must be removed &/or placed in proper receptacles, when you load out. Failure to do so will jeopardize your return to future events. There is a dumpster on site & all waste must be placed in/next to proper receptacles, for collection.
Pets: • No pets of any kind allowed! This includes the festival grounds, all festival/staff parking areas, and campground. No exceptions. Do not leave your animals in your vehicle, or animal control will be summoned, and you will be asked to leave.
Camping: To Be Announced
Loading In/Out of the festival grounds: Vehicles are allowed on the grass to load in or out, in DRY conditions, yet only with the utmost care and respect. It only takes one person tearing up the turf to lose this privilege.
• PLEASE, DO NOT SHOW UP EARLY FOR LOAD IN, EXPECTING TO PULL RIGHT IN. You will not be allowed to enter the site until your scheduled load in time, unless otherwise permitted by coordinator. If we can accommodate we will, yet those scheduled first, take priority.
• No late set-ups/early breakdowns allowed, unless coordinated before the event! You must arrive, unload and set up in the allotted time. All spots are pre-determined before load-in. If your operation requires an earlier break-down, please list your request & reason in the special requirements section of the application, so you can be placed accordingly. Once loaded in, you will not be able to bring your vehicle back in, until load-out after Saturday’s show. Plan on bringing in everything you need during morning load ins. Bring a hand truck and/or cart if you need to load anything in and out daily.
Friendly Tips: • Bring in your necessities (coolers/beverages/etc.) during load-in. During the event, vendors using festival gates may bring in extra operation supplies yet will be subjected to the same security checks, as the general public. No alcohol is permitted! Bring plenty of… • Coin (if applicable) and cash change! There is an ATM on site, yet there are no banks in the general area. • Drinking water/fluids. • Sun block & a hat. • Everything you need to be there all day. Once the festival is underway, getting in and out may be difficult, and time consuming (unless you take the free shuttle to & from the parking garage).
Festival is rain or shine. Booth fees are non-refundable, once vendor is officially accepted.
All unaccepted vendor payments will be returned.
If the Organization (vendor) has not fulfilled their obligations to the Uncle Dave Music Festival (UDMD), and have not operated their booth in a prudent manner as determined solely by the UDMD Staff, removal of the vendor, or objectionable work will be requested. The Organization will operate as an independent contractor. UDMD will not be responsible for the loss or damage of merchandise or equipment in the booth area, nor do we assume any responsibility for any liability incurred by any booth operator. Festival rules and guidelines are subject to change at anytime, with due notice. By signing the application, you agree to abide by all guidelines included in this document.
Arts and Crafts Vendor Application
If you prefer you may download here
Uncle Dave Macon Days
PO Box 37133-5016
Payment Disclaimer: After your application has been reviewed. If you have been accepted, you will be sent a link to remit payment. You will be given seven business days to do so. After seven business days the application will no longer be valid.